Moments ago, the title of the Doctor Who Christmas Special was revealed along with a really exciting trailer. The episode is called “The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe” and as we told you earlier this year, stars the brilliant Claire Skinner, Bill Bailey, Alexander Armstrong and Arabella Weir. You can watch the trailer below and check out a new photograph from the funny minisode shown just before the trailer at the bottom of this post.
The minisode and trailer for those of you not in the UK:
For those of you who can’t quite watch the trailer yet or missed the minisode in which the Doctor uh… took off all of his clothes (for charity of course), here’s a recap of some spicy bits from the minisode and trailer:
- “Bowties are and always will be…cool”
- The Doctor was apparently somehow wearing three boots… “Time Lords,” he says, “we’re full of surprises”.
- After he teases us throwing his clothes over a screen, Eleven walks out fully clothed. Fangirls everywhere wept. But no fear, these were only hologram clothes and a bit of television magic saw them disappear one by one, leaving the Doctor only in his braces. How to distract us? The only way the Doctor can… Christmas special trailer!
- ”England, 1941 and there’s a war on.”
- “I’m usually called the Doctor, or the caretaker, or get off this planet”
- “It’s not a phonebox, it’s my…wardrobe”
- “There’s something very wrong in this forest and your brother’s right in the middle of it” — it was at this point, aided by the big manor house and snowy forest scenes that I started to get the idea that it was all a bit Narnia. And sure enough, the title was then revealed, (after a sneaky shot of Bill Bailey): “The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe”. Looks fantastic. I can’t wait.