And the big news: The Official Twitter and Tumblr accounts confirmed that the LBD will be a total of 100 episodes long, which means we have only 8 more episodes (including today’s) to go (*sob*), which also means they have a lot to wrap up in 8 episodes. According to my reckoning, we still need to see:
- Lizzie finding out that it was Darcy that saved Lydia.
- Caroline explain herself (she never did in the book, but this Caroline has been more active, inserting herself in Hunsford to figure out what’s in the letter, for example). I’m feeling more and more like Caroline might be the “Lady Catherine” moment, where Lizzie almost but not quite admits that she cares for Darcy. In the modern world, Lady Catherine showing up to berate Lizzie on camera does not make sense, but a vengeful Caroline? Makes perfect sense. We still don’t know exactly what Caroline thought Jane did at the party, either, which I think they need to explain.
- What Gigi meant by maybe having to move.
- Darcy show up again.
- Lydia show up again, more like her happy, chipper self– but not quite so carefree. In many ways, Lydia’s story here more resembles Marianne Dashwood’s (from Sense and Sensibility). I hope to see her again, as a more mature, more serious, but still optimistic, Lydia.
- The “Second Proposal.”
- A “happily ever after” scene. If there’s one fault the 1995 BBC P&P has, it’s that it ended too quickly. I always have to go read the last few chapters, where Lizzy and Darcy happily discuss what went before, to be fully satisfied. I need the same thing here. A good-bye video, with both of them smiling and laughing, totally comfortable in each other’s company for the very first time.
So. Do we think we’ll finally get the revelation we’ve been waiting for with Charlotte’s return? Let’s find out!
Hey! It’s the long-awaited force-Lizzie-to-discuss-Darcy episode! And it went– about like I expected. Lizzie knows that Darcy (and Gigi, and who knows who else) watches, or might watch, her videos, and so is unwilling to really talk about it. But we do get the feeling that she thinks Darcy doesn’t care for her any more, that there’s little likelihood that they’ll meet again, and that they’re not “friends.” This implies that if Darcy wants Lizzie, he’s going to have to make the first move. Notice, however, that while she won’t admit that her feelings have changed, she never out and out says “I still don’t like him.” Seeing this video might be the Lady-Catherine-esque nudge Darcy needs to try again.
The most interesting thing I’m taking away from this, though, is that Charlotte is going to be here for the next month, which means she’ll be here for the end game. Which is SO AWESOME! I wonder if Collins and Collins’s “exciting new hires” have anything to do with Gigi needing to move? Maybe C&C and Pemberley are partnering up on Domino? Hmm.
I wonder just which videos Lizzie has been rewatching?
ETA: I can’t believe I didn’t notice– Lydia’s in the next vid! PLEASE say we get the reveal! PLEASE!