It is here: The next chapter in the
den Lizzie Bennet Diaries’ version of Lydia’s Wickham trouble. Watch and discuss:
Links you may be interested in:
Here’s what we learned in today’s vid:
- Jane is home because Lizzie called her.
- “I posted that to show you in case there was any doubt that my sister had nothing to do with putting that on the Internet….Please don’t give that man what he wants.”
- Dad Bennet is on the case, talking to a PI friend from college (callback to Mr Darcy’s attempts to find Lydia and Wickham in the book…)
- Mrs. Bennet, however, has no idea. She keeps talking about Lydia and George’s future children.
- Lizzie blames herself for not protecting Lydia, and bringing George into their lives. Also Jane is now a little sassy. Go Jane.
- Jane LOST HER JOB IN LA to come home to her family.
- “It’s not about doing anything. It’s just about being here and her knowing that she does not have to go through any of this alone.”
- Jane suggests that Lizzie watch all Lydia’s videos. “Lydia listens to you. To all of us. But sometimes I think we forget to listen to her.”
Ooh, and we’re getting a little meta. Jane pointedly ends the video by talking about the fact that both of her sisters spend more time talking to thousands of people they’ve never met, than to each other. YOWCH!
I was literally wondering, just yesterday, how Jane’s future would play out. Because if she is in LA, how can she and Bing be near San Francisco together in the end? (Because Lizzie and Jane need to be near each other! I mean… don’t they! Shush, I WANT them to be.) That’s handled nicely. Also, the more I think about it, the more I think Bing is having some sort of med-student crisis. He could have been playing the expectations game with his parents in going to med school; what does a med student do on an interview, does anyone know? Are they interviewing at hospitals for residencies? Or is Bing considering a shift that will increase his happiness and therefore take him away from the path that he has been expected to take for so long?
Anyway, back to the video. We can see from the coming-next screen that Lydia is in the next video. And smiling widely. Too widely. Have she and Lizzie talked at all? (A lot of you in the comments point out she’s angrily yelling more than smiling, but that’s what I mean – it’s that really wide not really smiling smile yell thing.)
I also adored, in this video, Lizzie’s attempts to go to bat for her sister. She will know better than anyone that merely mentioning the existence of a thing increases its viability and popularity on the net; say “don’t subscribe to that video” is a bit like saying “Hey, don’t think about a big red balloon right now.” More people will every time it’s discussed. But it was still right, and heartfelt, that she try to urge them away from it.
Any lawyers in the crowd? Could George face any sort of prosecution for this?
The countdown clock clicks away, down to Valentine’s day. Right now it is likely that Darcy is slathering on the ol’ sunblock, slapping on a floppy hat, and getting ready to smack that waterlogged jerkface back to his tadpole state. Let’s hope Domino is ready.
(PS: In the name of science, and in response to my conversation with JP in the comments, I subscribed to the stupid sex tape just to get the email and to get on the list to discover what happens, even though I know I should have done this from the first moment but didn’t, because it is GROSS, even if it is fictional, UGH. Anyway. My subject line was: ugh you disgusting piece of whatever I really don’t even want to do this but it’s sort of a job requirement now and there was nothing in the text. I got this back:
##################################Thank you for registring for the preorder for HOT LYDIA BENNET XXX VIDEO.We will notify you shortly when video is available for purchase.Novelty Exposures, LLCVan Nuys, CA##################################
I’d heard about it before / seen it quoted, but just having it in my inbox skeeves me. I do want to get the email right away if there’s a followup, though. So, yeah. OK. That’s done. I am going to shower.)