Hailee Steinfeld was mesmerizing opposite Jeff Bridges in True Grit. Steinfeld’s performance was good enough to earn her an Oscar nom, prestigious for a 14 year old. In True Grit her character, Mattie Ross, elicits the help of the “meanest” US Marshall she can find and tramps across the desert in search of her father’s murderer. Steinfeld played this role with a strength and conviction that was shocking for someone so young. Strength and conviction are two qualities Hazel should definitely possess, making now 16 year old Steinfeld an excellent pick for the role.
Hot in Books
- “House Of Hades” Spoiler
While The Mark of Athena tour has ended, the book continues to ...
Share this story
- Georgia on Win an AVPSY LeakyCon Prop!
- cbm on Lots of Questions, Very Few Answers: Reactions to Amazon’s Kindle Worlds
- Christine on Amazon Announces Kindle Worlds – Platform to Monetize Fan Fiction
- Stephen Abbott on Lots of Questions, Very Few Answers: Reactions to Amazon’s Kindle Worlds
- AlixEcho on Lots of Questions, Very Few Answers: Reactions to Amazon’s Kindle Worlds