Hailee Steinfeld was mesmerizing opposite Jeff Bridges in True Grit. Steinfeld’s performance was good enough to earn her an Oscar nom, prestigious for a 14 year old. In True Grit her character, Mattie Ross, elicits the help of the “meanest” US Marshall she can find and tramps across the desert in search of her father’s murderer. Steinfeld played this role with a strength and conviction that was shocking for someone so young. Strength and conviction are two qualities Hazel should definitely possess, making now 16 year old Steinfeld an excellent pick for the role.
Share this story
- Pia Dhaliwal on The Mindy Project: Mindy Kaling Interviews Billy Crystal
- Pia Dhaliwal on Monday Musings: What Classic Character Would You Like To See Reimagined?
- Shelly on 7 Years, 7 Stories – Sharing Our Deathly Hallows Memories
- Dee on The Mindy Project: Mindy Kaling Interviews Billy Crystal
- QED42 on Lucy Lawless Joins Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.